Being in a relationship is quite a feeling. There’s nothing like a great companion who will be there for you at all times.
However, it might be overwhelming if you have yet to enter into a relationship and are looking for someone to be with.
What if you’re asked this age-old question: “What are you looking for in a relationship?” Do you know how to answer this question?
This post may contain affiliate links and Jenna Haith Lifestyle (JHL) may be compensated for your clicks or purchases from said links. As an Amazon Associate, JHL will earn from qualifying purchases.
Some people might get stumped on how to answer this. Don’t worry – we’ve got you covered with these great sample answers!
What is an ideal relationship?
It’s quite difficult to find the ideal relationship. Sometimes, people expect the best in others and they could project their ideal person onto the ones they meet in the world.
However, this is unfortunately not the best way of going about your search for the right one – as there are very rarely people that are absolutely perfect and fit within all your guidelines.
To answer this question, “What is an ideal relationship?” – An ideal relationship is one that will keep you happy and safe at all times. An ideal relationship is one that will nurture you and never let you feel like you’re inferior to anyone.
This means that you are at your best when you are around this person. Usually, when you’ve met “the one”, you’ll find yourself thinking of them throughout your day and maybe planning fun and special things to do together.
What to look for in a relationship
When looking for a healthy and fulfilling relationship, here are some important things to consider:
- Mutual respect: Both partners should have a deep respect for each other’s feelings, opinions, and boundaries. They should support each other’s goals and dreams, and treat each other with kindness and understanding.
- Trust: Trust is a vital component of any relationship. Both partners should feel secure in the knowledge that they can rely on each other, and that their partner is honest and faithful.
- Communication: Healthy communication is essential for a successful relationship. Both partners should be able to express their thoughts and feelings openly and honestly, and listen to each other with empathy and understanding.
- Shared values: While it’s not necessary for partners to have all the same beliefs and values, it’s important that they share some common ground. This can help ensure that they’re on the same page when it comes to important issues like family, finances, and lifestyle choices.
- Emotional support: In a healthy relationship, both partners should feel supported and cared for by their significant other. This means being there for each other during both good times and bad, and offering emotional support when needed.
- Independence: While it’s important to feel connected to your partner, it’s also important to maintain your own sense of identity and independence. Both partners should be able to pursue their own interests and goals, while still making time for each other.
- Fun and enjoyment: Relationships should also be enjoyable and fun! Both partners should be able to have a good time together, whether it’s exploring new hobbies or simply spending time relaxing and enjoying each other’s company.
Remember that every relationship is unique, and what works for one couple may not work for another.
It’s important to communicate openly with your partner about your needs and expectations and to work together to create a relationship that is healthy, fulfilling, and enjoyable for both of you.
How to answer the question “what am I looking for”?
Now you have decided to hop on the dating apps and the first question you get dm’d is the “what are you looking for in a relationship” question.
If you aren’t sure how to answer that, here are some great starting points!
To answer this question, you can start off with a simple response of “I’m hoping to meet new folks and see where it goes from there.” If you are still talking with that same person, maybe the following week, you could ask “would you want to go out for a drink?”
To offer a meeting for the next week rather than tonight suggests that you’re searching for more than just casual sex. It also doesn’t come out as desperate in any manner. Unless you tell him or her precisely what you’re searching for in a partner, they are not going to agree to see you in person if you ask.
For example, with online shopping, it’s sometimes impossible to purchase precisely what you want and expect it to come to your door in a few days and know right off the bat that you will love it. You sometimes have to experience or use the purchased item to understand if you truly enjoy using it.
This is the same with dating. Once you’ve met in person, you’ll have to see how things go from there. Go on a few dates, ask about their interests, hobbies, work, and family life. You’ll understand if you want to continue seeing that person or not depending on how you feel when you are on these dates.
How to say you’re looking for a relationship on Tinder
In order to weed out the raunchiness that is usually found on Tinder, you have to be honest with yourself and with those that you match with.
Adding specific information about what you are looking for in your Tinder bio will save a lot of time and effort for both you and your partner.
Some of the most common Bio’s can be:
- Looking for someone to travel with
- Looking for something lowkey
- Looking for someone to be with long-term
- Looking for a serious relationship
These are the most common answers to this question, but with dating apps, you have to be specific about what you want since there are a lot of people in the world that can be potential partners.
Having said all of that, it also narrows down the list of potential partners so you won’t need to keep looking for the right one.
Best responses if asked, “what are you looking for in a relationship?”
Here are several ways of answering the age-old question “what are you looking for in a relationship?”:
- A relationship that has a humorous side but knows to be serious when the situation calls for it
- Being in the presence of someone who has a keen ear
- The idea that optimum health entails more than just preserving one’s physical health, but mental health as well
- The need of treating each other’s privacy with consideration
- To live a life free of expectations
- Having a partner who understands the difference between debating and fighting
- Settling on the same kind of romantic connection
- Being in a relationship with someone who cares about you
- Having a person who is able to compromise is essential
- A companion who helps you become your best self
Looking for the right person is difficult. However, you must understand that nobody is really perfect or “right”. The heart knows what it wants, and unfortunately, you don’t really get to choose who you’ll love.
Sure, you can date as many people as you want, but if you aren’t happy, then you’ll be wasting time when you could’ve just been honest from the very start. The key aspect to knowing what you want in a relationship is to be in one that is presented right in front of you.
Make sure to be spontaneous and have a little fun. You’ll never know who you’ll end up with, and maybe, just maybe, you will find the perfect pair for you who you’ll never think is your right fit at all!
Until next time…
Leave a Reply