18 Jun Top 3 Best Summer Cocktails
Top 3 Best Summer Cocktails
Have you ever gone out with friends to a bar and not known what to order? Or went on a happy hour date and was too nervous to think of a cocktail so you ordered beer instead?
Well, I’ve got news for you ladies (and gents)!
Summer is officially here and I’m sure you’ve been enjoying your happy hours (or day drinking, like me) outside at your friends pool or maybe in the comfort of your own patio. Thanks, Coronavirus!
Speaking of Coronavirus, you might be doing virtual dates, so why not impress that guy (or gal) and schedule a happy hour date and show him (or her) how you whip up your favorite cocktail! 😉
*Okay, honestly, haven’t done a virtual date and probs won’t but, hey, you do you!
Anyway, since the Coronavirus quarantine has ~ sort of ~ been lifted (in some states), it’s time to start going back to your favorite bars. Or, if you’re like me, you’ll continue your little get togethers at a friend’s pool or back patio! 🙂
It’s so fun and way less expensive. Am I right, or am I right?
Lowkey, I think it’s way more fun to do that, especially now since the whole 6ft away order for bars and restaurants.
Either way, I’m sure you’ve always wanted to impress your friends with your amazing bartending skills or knowledge of some great cocktails to order at the bar (and/or create yourself).
So, look no further, because today I’m going to share with you all my 3 favorite homemade cocktails! YUM!
Side note: I was a bartender in college, so I’ve created some pretty DELISH drinks over the years!
Also, just so I don’t get fined: This content is for 21+ (USA age, lol) and please drink responsibly. 🙂
Okay, you guys, these cocktails are seriously good. I’m not an alcoholic, but I could drink like… a lot of these. I love them.
Alright, here we go.
#1 The Cucumber Cutie
(Cute name, right??)
#3 Seaside Bliss
(Ahh, just like you’re at the beach.)
#1 The Cucumber Cutie
(An upgrade from your normal Vodka Cranberry)
This drink is the PERFECT drink for summer. It’s very light weight, super smooth and not too sweet.
It tastes a lot like cucumber water with a hint of sweetness. So, in other words, it’s deadly good. So watch how many you have!
Get your favorite cocktail shaker out because we’ll be shakin’ up some deliciousness. If you are in need of a cocktail shaker, here’s a cheap but super good quality one!
- 1 shot Kettle One Botanical Cucumber And Mint
- Half a shot of cranberry juice
- Lots of ice
- 4-5 lime wedges
- Cocktail Shaker
- First, fill your shaker up with lots of ice.
- Pour the vodka and cranberry juice in.
- Fill your shaker up with water – only about 3/4 above the vodka and cranberry juice that’s already in your shaker.
- Now, squeeze 4-5 limes in your drink and drop those suckers in the shaker.
- Next, shake all ingredients together.
- Pour all contents in your fav cocktail glass.
*If you are in need of some cute cocktail glasses, y’all need to buy these super inexpensive cocktail glasses and cocktail glass jars!!
- Garnish with a lime wedge and serve!
*optional: use a sliced strawberry, lime or lemon wedge, or mint leaves for garnishes.
Okay, now this drink is BOMB! Perfect for that sweet tooth of yours.
Whether you’re laying out by the pool, having a picnic or bonfire, or just catching up with friends – It’s a great drink to get the party started!
*Warning: Be careful not to drink it too fast – brain freeeeeze!
- 1/4 cup simple syrup (equal parts sugar and water boiled together until sugar melts)
- 1-2 whole limes (you’ll use some lime zest)
- 1-2 handfuls of mint leaves
- 1 cup water
- 2-4 shots white rum – like Bacardi or any rum u like
- Ice ice baby – lots of ice
*Need a blender? Cute Inexpensive Blender
- First, you’ll need to combine the simple syrup, water, lime juice (squeeze the lime juice into the blender) and mint leaves in a blender. Blend until it’s smooooooth.
- Add some ~ lime zest ~ in the blender – However much you like.
*Just use one of those Lemon Zesters (they look like graters) and grate the lime peel. Be careful not to cut your fingers! #ouch been there, done that!
- Add the rum and ice. Blend until ~ frothy ~ lol.
- Pour into 2 Rocks Glasses (depending on how much you made).
- Garnish with some mint leaves and a lime wedge and serve your masterpiece. 🙂
#3 Seaside Bliss
(Raspberry Moscow Mule)
This cocktail is great for those fruit lovers. This drink is a bit tart but, like the Cucumber Cutie cocktail, it’s very light weight.
It also has a hint of bubbly goodness. 🙂
- 1 shot of Red Raspberry 360 Vodka
- 1 can Ginger Beer
- 4 lime wedges
- Copper Mug or Highball Glass
*optional: sliced strawberry or lime wedge for garnish
- Get your cute Cocktail Shaker out and fill it with ice.
- Pour the vodka in and squeeze 4 limes and drop those bad boys in there.
- Shake it up a few times!
- Now, fill your shaker halfway with Ginger Beer and give it a little stir.
*Don’t shake it or else it will explode with bubbles everywhere because of the ginger beer, lol. Again, been there done that.
- Now pour the drink into a copper mug or Highball Glass.
- Garnish with a lime wedge and serve.
*Optional: slice a strawberry or raspberry and garnish with that as well.
Alright, there you have it! My top 3 summer cocktails I always make – Especially when hangin’ with friends!
Let me know in the comments below what your favorite cocktail is and if you’ve tried any of my recipes above!
Don’t forget to drink responsibly!! 😉