06 May 10 Tips To Staying Busy During Quarantine
10 Tips To Staying Busy During Quarantine
Alright so we’ve all been “enjoying” this whole stay-at-home order for quite some time now and it’s beginning to get pretty boring – Especially since we just do the same thing over and over again.
I can guarantee you the reason Tiger King was the #1 trending Netflix show was because most people were just THAT BORED.
I mean, don’t get me wrong, I watched it obvi. Well, binged it to be exact. And it was.. umm.. interesting to say the LEAST but very entertaining.
I might’ve lost some brain cells though. I blame Carole Baskin.
Also never knew how much I could hate a catchphrase until this show.
Anyway, the war against the Coronavirus doesn’t look like it’ll be over any time soon. People say, and by “people” I mean the experts and by “experts” I mean Google, that it won’t be over until we have a vaccine which could take more than a year to get.
But let’s focus on some positive things that we can do to take our mind off that, shall we?
Since we’ve all caught up on our tv shows it’s time to start doing things that actually help us.
So, without further ado, here are my 10 Tips To Staying Busy During Quarantine.
- Create a routine
- Buy a calendar
- Use your new calendar (obvi)
- Catch up with friends and family
- Exercise (Yes, really.)
- Skin care (ooo la la)
- New recipes
- Organize your home
- Send loved ones letters
- Go outside
#1 Create a routine
A fun one. Not a boring one. One that you can look forward to every day.
This helps you stay organized and also keeps you motivated and on track of your days – Instead of just lying in bed binge watching Ozark, Outer Banks or the most recent, Too Hot To Handle, all day.
Your routine doesn’t have to be a strict one, leave some wiggle room, as they say.
- Maybe you start waking up at the same time every day.
- Go on a short walk during your lunch break and listen to your favorite podcast.
- Do your daily meditation, yoga, or exercises.
- Whip up some yummy dinner.
- Read a chapter of a book.
- (Wait, let’s be real here. You all know I really meant watch Netflix, Hulu, HBO Go, etc. Lol. Do people still read?)
Okay, but for real, leave the “Watching Netflix” part towards the end of your day.
You don’t want to be stuck in your bed all day.
#2 Buy A Calendar
Check Out These Cute Calendars:
#3 Use Your New Calendar
Obviously, you’ll want to fill out your cute new calendar.
So jot down the essentials – like holidays, birthdays, appointments, etc.
But you can also write down daily tasks for specific days.
Some examples might be:
- Two weeks from today: “Wash Your Sheets” & “Clean Your Room”.
- Every Sunday: “Hair mask” and maybe “Face Mask”.
- Gotta get your beauty on at LEAST once a week. 🙂
- This Wednesday: “FaceTime Date @ 6:00PM w/ My Day One’s”
- Next Friday: “Park Picnic with the Fam at 5:30PM”
You need to write these down so that they are “set-in-stone” and so you can look forward to “the little things” in life now that there’s not much to do since the mandatory stay-at-home order.
#4 Catch Up With Friends Or Family
Set up a FT or video call with that one friend you haven’t spoken to since graduation or that family member you missed seeing on Easter, Passover, or Ramadan (yes, I am cultured) since the quarantine. Who knows, you might get to talking for an hour or two.
Look how cute me and my friends are!
(This was pre-corona, obvi.)
Interaction with friends and family is, ironically, essential right now to keep a healthy and stable mind during all this chaos.
– Sooo, text them right now.
– Set a date and a time for this to happen.
**Put it on your new calendar!!**
– You can make it a virtual happy hour if ya want.
Have fun. 🙂
#5 Exercise (Yes, Really)
Search for fun workout programs online – don’t go crazy and look programs that take a couple of months to complete.
Look for ones that are a couple weeks long, so that you know you can get through them and finish to the end.
Some of my fav programs I’ve done are:
- Chloe Ting – 2 Week Shred – Super hard but worth it!! Like, for real died during this but it’s amazing.
- Holly Dolke – Insane Abs – Great ab burner.
- Holly Dolke – 1 Week Flat Stomach – Currently working on this one. Good so far!
- Chloe Ting – Flat Tummy Challenge (28 days) – Currently working on this one and I combine it with the one above ^ .
- I also have the Nike Run Club & Nike Training Club apps which have great programs (ALL FREE – download in app store).
Here are some other great workout apps – TOTALLY FREE 🙂
Check out these super cute workout outfits!
Don’t forget the essentials ladies:
#6 Skin Care
If you don’t already do so, start taking care of your skin in the morning and night.
I just started getting into skin care and using serums, eye creams, face masks and some other fun stuff!
Lowkey though my skin has never looked this good – But we’ll just keep that for a later post. So keep an eye out for it!
#7 New Recipes
Finding new recipes is always fun and sometimes can be time consuming, which is good during quarantine.
Find a few easy meals to make for the week and then go grocery shopping – maybe on Sundays so you don’t have to go back out during the week.
You can do this with your family or roommates and if you are alone, shoot your buds a text and see if they want to do it with you via video call!
Okay, wait. That would actually be so fun. OMG, who wants to do this? HMU.
Make it FUN but try not to catch yourself on fire.
I also follow Chrissy Teigen’s Cravings website because it’s Chrissy Teigen and I strive to be her, but also, she’s amazing at cooking and has lots of delicious recipes.
Here are some of my favorites:
Applesauce Oatmeal Cookies – Thank me later! <3
Honey Glazed Salmon – This was DELICIOUS!
Kale Salad With Chicken & Hot Bacon Dressing – You had me at “Bacon”.
Green Smoothie – Delicious AND nutritious! 🙂
Y’all NEED these cook books:
#8 Organize Your Home
Go through and organize that one area in your home, whether that be your closet, dresser, bathroom, desk, pantry, etc.
(Tbh, I still have yet to do this but I’m going to get to it soon… I promise?)
Here are some great home organizer tools:
#9 Send Loved Ones Letters
Get some stationary and send some letters to loved ones. This is great if you have grandparents that haven’t been able to see you or any family since quarantine.
They’ll be so happy to receive a handwritten letter from you. 🙂
Check out this super cute stationary OMG:
#10 Go Outside
Go on long outdoor runs. Wait, I meant jogs. Okay, I meant walks.
Either way, get out of the dang house! Early spring, aka now, is the perfect time to enjoy the outdoors.
1. Go to the park
- Have a picnic with your family, roommates, dog or cat (lol).
- Go by yourself and just admire the outdoors and listen to the birds sing.
I took Luna to one of the bigger parks in my area
and we just chilled while listening to the live music!
Look how cute she is!!!!!
2. Color outside with chalk
- Seriously, you guys, it’s so fun. This way you can be outside soaking up the rays while making beautiful pictures on the ground. 🙂
Here are some pretty pictures I drew. 🙂 No judging lol
3. Start a garden
- We have a little home-made garden in our backyard that we use every year. We plant a lot of different things – mostly veggies. We actually just planted last weekend!
Some things we have growing are tomatoes, collard greens (lettuce), basil, cucumber, hot peppers, strawberries, eggplant, lavender and much more!
4. Have a campfire
- Don’t limit yourself to getting outdoors during the daytime. You can also be outside in the evening!
Set up a campfire and listen to some of your favorite jams or have a group FaceTime with your friends. I just bought a fire pit at Lowe’s. I had to assemble it but it didn’t take long and it was pretty easy!
Here’s what mine looks like:
Don’t forget to include the essentials: s’mores and/or banana boats. 🙂
Here are some great fire pits you can buy:
And of course, don’t forget the marshmallow roasting sticks!
- Improves your sleep.
- The sun brings Vitamin D, which is important for bones, blood cells and immune system.
- Sunlight also helps keep your serotonin levels up. Serotonin is an important chemical in your body that helps regulate mood, raise energy levels and helps you stay positive and focused. 🙂
- Exercise is good for you! Try to get at least 30 minutes of exercise a day.
Try some of these tips out and let me know in the comments what’s worked for you.
If you have any other great tips, leave those in the comments as well so others can get some more ideas!
We are all in this together guys. We can get through it!
Until next time…
P.S. Did Carole Baskin feed her husband to the tigers?
Yes/No – Leave your answer in the comments.