This post may contain affiliate links and Jenna Haith Lifestyle (JHL) may be compensated for your clicks or purchases from said links. As an Amazon Associate, JHL will earn from qualifying purchases.
Fall is just around the corner and if you haven’t started taking care of your skin, now is the time!
Since summer is ending:
1. Your face won’t be getting that daily dose of Vitamin D it needs (which helps with acne.)
2. School has started up again, whether that’s in-person or online (which means added stress.. and stress = breakouts!)
3. And the fall season usually has high humidity levels (which causes sweat, which then leads to clogged pores and then BOOM! Pimples.)
**FYI – I am not a dermatologist. I am writing from lots of research and my own experiences.
Okay, let’s get into it.
Your skincare routine doesn’t need to be complex.
You just need to know the basics and what’s good for YOUR skin type.
I’m here to help you build an easy skincare routine that you can use every day.
Now, I must say, clear, flawless skin doesn’t just come with a good skincare routine.
It does play a part, but it’s really all in your daily habits – whether that’s what you eat, your exercise schedule and, especially, your hygiene habits.
However, if you’ve got everything else down, then all you need now is to know your skin and what it needs to stay healthy.
The NY Times stated some great tips to help those who are just beginning their skincare regimen,
“Think of your skin-care routine as consisting of three main steps: Cleansing – washing your face. Toning – balancing the skin. [And] moisturizing – hydrating and softening the skin.”
Now, for all you beginners out there, the trick to remembering what goes first is to apply from thinnest to thickest.
There are different ways to apply your skincare routine depending on if it’s the morning or night.
Check out this graphic to learn the steps for applying your skincare products!
This quiz will help you understand what your skin type is so that you can determine which products you should be using in your skincare routine.
The quiz informed me that I have “Combination Skin”, which, according to WebMD, Combination Skin can be “dry or normal in some areas and oily in others“.
This helped me figure out what types of products I should be using and where to use them on my face.
So, my skincare routine is as follows:
1. CeraVe Hydrating Facial Cleanser (Clean & Clear Oil-Free Face Wash is another great choice)
2. Neutrogena Oil- and Alcohol-Free Facial Toner (Garnier SkinActive Micellar Cleansing Water is another product I use)
3. Differin Gel Acne Treatment – for spot treatment (one of the best!!)
4. Aveeno Positively Radiant Face Lotion SPF15 (CeraVe Moisturizing Cream is another one I use)
Once again, these products are my preference, so it’s really whatever works for your skin type.
Here are some other great products (dermatologist recommended) that will help you achieve that flawless look, depending on the skin type you have!
Also, please don’t forget your sunscreen! We don’t want wrinkles!!
Just remember, “clear skin”, unfortunately, doesn’t happen overnight. :/
It takes a while for your skin to react and change to your new routine.
So, give it time, like a couple to several months. Slow and steady wins the race.
Also, if you’re up for it, I’ve got some great beauty products that you might be interested in knowing about, from face masks to serums to face massagers.
Let me know if you use any of the products listed or any that you’ve found help your skin type.
Until next time,