You may have heard of that “pregnancy glow”? Well, what if we can have that glow all the time, not just if we are pregnant? Natural glowing skin is something we all strive to have and I am here to tell you it is possible!
The best part of getting that natural glow is it is all natural! Straight from the roots of the earth.
Check out these 5 special herbs that you might not have known have positive effects on our skin!
This post may contain affiliate links and Jenna Haith Lifestyle (JHL) may be compensated for your clicks or purchases from said links. As an Amazon Associate, JHL will earn from qualifying purchases.
How to get glowing skin
Time and time again women and men have faced acne, dark spot, and discoloration on their skin and have yet to find a cheap option to clear that.
Well, I am here to tell you that you don’t need to spend a fortune on brand-name skincare products, like the derma glow skin cream.
It is actually quite simple – with the addition of these herbs to your skincare routine, you should have that glowy look in no time.
Jenna’s Pro Tip: I would strongly suggest you drink ample amounts of water daily in order to replenish your skin and hydrate it.
According to the MayoClinic, “The U.S. National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine determined that an adequate daily fluid intake is: About 15.5 cups (3.7 liters) of fluids a day for men. About 11.5 cups (2.7 liters) of fluids a day for women.”
What is a skin glow serum
A skin glow serum is a cosmetic product designed to improve the appearance and texture of the skin, giving it a brighter and more radiant look.
These serums typically contain a combination of active ingredients that work to exfoliate and hydrate the skin, increase collagen production, and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Some common ingredients found in skin glow serums include vitamin C, hyaluronic acid, glycolic acid, and niacinamide. Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant that can help protect the skin from damage caused by free radicals, while hyaluronic acid helps to hydrate the skin and improve its elasticity.
Glycolic acid is an alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) that exfoliates the skin and helps to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, while niacinamide (vitamin B3) helps to improve the skin’s barrier function and reduce redness and inflammation.
Skin glow serums can be used as part of a daily skincare routine, applied after cleansing and toning the skin and before moisturizing.
They can be used alone or in combination with other skincare products, depending on your individual needs and preferences. It’s important to choose a skin glow serum that is appropriate for your skin type and to follow the instructions carefully to achieve the best results.
Best skin glow serums
There are many different skin glow serums available on the market, each with their own unique combination of active ingredients and benefits.
Here are the best products for glowing skin:
- Drunk Elephant C-Firma Day Serum: This serum contains a potent blend of vitamin C, antioxidants, and fruit enzymes to help brighten and firm the skin, while also protecting against environmental damage.
- Sunday Riley Good Genes All-In-One Lactic Acid Treatment: This serum contains lactic acid, an AHA that exfoliates and brightens the skin, as well as licorice and lemongrass to help reduce the appearance of dark spots and discoloration.
- The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%: This affordable serum contains niacinamide and zinc, which work together to regulate sebum production, reduce inflammation, and improve the overall texture and appearance of the skin.
- Tatcha Violet-C Brightening Serum: This serum contains a blend of vitamin C, AHAs, and Japanese beautyberry to help brighten and even out skin tone, while also providing antioxidant protection.
- OLEHENRIKSEN Truth Serum: This serum contains a potent blend of vitamin C, collagen, and green tea extract to help brighten and firm the skin, while also providing hydration and antioxidant protection.
Remember, when choosing a skin glow serum, it’s important to consider your individual skin type and concerns, as well as the specific ingredients and benefits of the product.
It’s also a good idea to patch test any new product before applying it to your entire face.
How to make your skin glow naturally at home
There are tons of home remedies you can try to make your skin glow and I would definitely recommend dabbling in some of those!
However, if you are here to get straight to the point, science has proven these herbs to work for a variety of problem areas on the skin – whether that be acne, dark spots, wrinkles, etc.
Now, who doesn’t want their skin glowing? Check out these special herbs that will brighten your skin for little to no cost at all!
Rosemary Skin Benefits
Rosemary oil can help reduce cellulite, remove under-eye bags, fight acne and tighten skin tone.
Check out all the benefits that rosemary offers.
How to make your own rosemary oil:
Fresh Rosemary Oil
- Three or four sprigs of fresh rosemary
- Two cups (475 ml) of oil (olive oil, jojoba oil, or sweet almond oil)
Thyme Skin Benefits
The oil from Thyme leaves acts as a natural antibacterial substance that can be used to rid acne and other bacteria on the skin.
Thyme oil can be the best serum for glowing skin.
Learn more about what Thyme oil can do for your skin.
How to make DIY Thyme oil:
Basil Skin Benefits
Mashed basil leaves can act as a moisturizer for dry and rough skin. It is also used as a shield from UV sunlight and a wrinkle reducer.
Here are 5 benefits of basil for skin care.
How to make basil plant-based moisturizer:
Basil Anti-Aging Face Cream
- 1/3 cup (4 g) fresh basil leaves and stems (lightly packed)
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) witch hazel
- distilled water
- 7 g hemp seed oil (or your favorite oil)
- 10 g avocado, mango or shea butter
- 8 g Emulsifying Wax NF
- preservative of choice (*see step 5 below)
Chamomile Skin Benefits
This flower contains powerful antioxidants that can help reduce signs of aging by protecting the skin from free radicals.
It is said that chamomile is used is one of the best face masks for glowing skin!
Healthline documents all the benefits that chamomile has to help your skin have a youthful glow.
10 Unbelievable Benefits of Chamomile
Dandelion Skin Benefits
The latex sap that exudes from the flower stem acts as a treatment for warts, age spots, bug bites, pimples, and other small imperfections on the skin.
Check out the video below for how you can use dandelion leaves and roots for beauty and health benefits!
How to harvest, prepare, and use dandelion leaf and root for beauty and health
Learn more about the potential skin benefits that dandelion has.
Learn how to make your skin glow naturally using these 5 herbs
Glowy and dewy skin can be easily achievable if you know what to use and how to use them.
Following these 5 herbs: Rosemary, Thyme, Basil, Chamomile, and Dandelion can help you achieve that natural glow.
Homemade face mask for glowing skin
There are many different ingredients that you can use to make a homemade face mask for glowing skin.
Here is one simple recipe for a homemade face mask for glowing skin:
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- In a small bowl, mix together the honey, yogurt, and turmeric powder until well combined.
- Apply the mixture to your face and neck, avoiding the eye area.
- Leave the mask on for 10-15 minutes.
- Rinse off the mask with warm water and pat your skin dry.
Honey is a natural humectant that helps to hydrate the skin and keep it moisturized.
Greek yogurt contains lactic acid, which helps to exfoliate the skin and remove dead skin cells.
Turmeric powder has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, which can help to reduce redness and brighten the skin.
Jenna’s Pro Tip: Be careful when using turmeric, as it can stain clothing and towels. You may want to use an old towel or washcloth to dry your face after rinsing off the mask. Also, it’s a good idea to do a patch test on your skin before applying the mask all over your face, as some people may be sensitive to certain ingredients.
Have you tried any of these herbs in your skincare routine before? What do you use to get glowing skin? Drop a comment and tell us about it. We would love to hear from you!
Until next time…